As a blogger, you know what information you want to publish on your blog or website and wrote few articles before but you encounter one issue that makes you rethink your choice. You already install WordPress on it but still you want your site to represent/describe your personality. You may choose the wordpress theme that best suits you
There are lot of free WordPress themes from various designers but if you’re looking for a catchy and highly customizable theme the so-called “premium themes” is right for you. These are high-quality WordPress themes designed by WordPress artists or various companies, they come with a solid documentation and some of them also include their own plug-ins.
You might ask what’s wrong with it. Most of the themes are costly especially if you are new, you’ll encounter hard time in looking for the theme that best suits your personality.
As a solution to your situation, here are the List of 10 FREE WordPress themes. Now you can enjoy attractive themes without spending too much.
• The 2012 theme- for WordPress is a fully responsive theme that looks great on any device. Features include a front page template with its own widgets, an optional display font, styling for post formats on both index and single views, and an optional no-sidebar page template. Make it yours with a custom menu, header image, and background.
• The 2011 theme- for WordPress is sophisticated, lightweight, and adaptable. Make it yours with a custom menu, header image, and background — then go further with available theme options for light or dark color scheme, custom link colors, and three layout choices. Twenty Eleven comes equipped with a Showcase page template that transforms your front page into a showcase to show off your best content, widget support galore (sidebar, three footer areas, and a Showcase page widget area), and a custom “Ephemera” widget to display your Aside, Link, Quote, or Status posts. Included are styles for print and for the admin editor, support for featured images (as custom header images on posts and pages and as large images on featured “sticky” posts), and special styles for six different post formats.
• The 2010 theme- for WordPress is stylish, customizable, simple, and readable — make it yours with a custom menu, header image, and background. Twenty Ten supports six widgetized areas (two in the sidebar, four in the footer) and featured images (thumbnails for gallery posts and custom header images for posts and pages). It includes stylesheets for print and the admin Visual Editor, special styles for posts in the “Asides” and “Gallery” categories, and has an optional one-column page template that removes the sidebar.
• Responsive Theme- is a flexible foundation with fluid grid system that adapts your website to mobile devices and the desktop or any other viewing environment. Theme features 9 Page Templates, 11 Widget Areas, 6 Template Layouts, 4 Menu Positions and more. Powerful but simple Theme Options for full CMS control with easy Logo Upload, Social Networking and Webmaster Tools etc. Responsive is WooCommerce Compatible, Multilingual Ready (WPML), RTL-Language Support, Retina-Ready, Search Engine Friendly, W3C Markup Validated and currently translated into 40 languages. Cross-Browser compatible. No paid memberships or clubs to get Responsive help.
• Customizr- Enjoy designing your website live from the WP customizer screen. Choose your options: skin, logo, social profiles, slider, layout, home featured blocks… you can even customize your css live. And this is it! The clean and fully responsive design can be used for any type of website: corporate, portfolio, business, blog, landing page, etc. The theme also includes a responsive slider generator (with call to action text and button) to make your pages or posts look beautiful. Built with valid HTML5 and CSS3 (Twitter Bootstrap), cross-browser tested, the theme is translation ready and available in English, French, German, Russian, Brazilian Portugues, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Polish, Dutch, Chinese (simplified).
• Swift Basic- is the free version of Swift, the fastest loading, developer friendly and most advanced SEO WordPress theme with loads of intuitive customization options, giving you infinite number of layouts. It supports all the awesome WordPress features like menus, post types, post formats, you name it and it will be there in Swift.
• Attitude- is a Simple, Clean and Responsive Retina Ready WordPress Theme which adapts automatically to your tablets and mobile devices. Theme is easily customizable with numerous theme options. Some of the highlighted options are two site layout (Narrow and Wide), 5 layouts for every post/page, 5 Page Templates, 5 widget areas, 4 custom widgets, featured slider to highlight your post/page, 11 social icons and many more.
• StrapVert – a clean and elegant theme for those who like to showcase their content. Ideal for the designer/artist as well as for magazine and business type websites. [NEW: Now with option to turn the entire Featured section, just the top section or just the secondary section off!
• An awesome magazine theme for your WordPress site. Responsive layout, post thumbnails support, featured posts and more.
• Mantra is a do-it-yourself WordPress theme, featuring a pack of over 100 customization options and easy to use tweaks capable of tuning WordPress to your very specific needs and likes. With the help of a simple and efficient user interface you can customize everything: the layout (1,2 or 3 columns), total and partial site widths, colors (all texts, links, backgrounds etc.), fonts (over 35 font-families plus all Google Fonts), text and header sizes, post metas, post excerpts, post formats, header and background images, custom menus, 27 social media links and icons, pins, bullets and much more.